Older news items are listed below:
- Mar 2019 LuteScribe 1.1.5 released, the open source and free tabulature viewing and editing software is now released. Now 50% faster to edit tabulature and new audio playback option. Further details and download.
- Aug 2018 - I'm exhibiting at the Utrecht Early Music exhibition 31 August to 2 September which is part of the overall festival. This year the festival includes a special partnership with the Dutch Lute society which is hosting the International Lute Event 2018. If you are at the festival, come and say hello at the stall and try out a couple of lutes which are for sale.
- Jul 2018 - updated reviews with recent customer feedback.
- Apr 2018 - Eric Thomas, who recently gave a talk on Francesco Spinacino at The Lute Society's event on improvising on the lute, illustrated his talk on a 6c lute I made for him. He subsequently recorded a video of one of the pieces discussed - Ricercare no. 9.
- June 2016 - Elizabeth's Lutes - a wonderful new CD from Alex McCartney - performed on 6 course and 8 course lutes made in my workshop. Just press play and be transported.
- May 2016 - updated the website gallery with new photos of a selection of lutes recently made and repaired.
- May 2012 - we exhibited at CordeFactum 2012, in Puurs, Belgium (May 18th-20th). CordeFactum is an international luthier conference/festival dedicated this year to lutes and the violin family. We had a stall at the exhibitors fair.
- Autumn 2011 - we are delighted to announce that our latest commission is to build a renaissance lute for The Lute Society.
- 2011: Refurbishment of 8 course rennaissance lute by Eric Mcleod (63cm) in F, for The Lute Society. This was a major overhaul and involved creating a completely new soundboard, pegbox and pegs, and re-finishing.
Hire lutes for the lute society
I was part of the team of luthiers who built the following instruments as part of the series of International lute making summer school, led by David van Edwards. These instruments are available for hire from The Lute Society.
- International Lute summer school 2011 - 14 course triple headed lute after Jauck
- International Lute summer school 2010 - 12 course double headed in transitional tunings, after Mace
- International Lute summer school 2009 - 2 rennaissance lutes after Venere for Norwich schools project
- International Lute summer school 2008 - medieval lute and gittern